Thoughtful Me!

These are just my thoughts so feel free to get to know what's going on in my head & know me through my thoughts!

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Prayer & PRAISE...

So often we pray for this & we pray for that but someone asked a question...
Are your prayers waiting for your praise to catch up?


     Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything, by prayer and petition ([a]definite requests), WITH THANKSGIVING, continue to make your wants known to God. Philipians 4:6


     Be earnest and unwearied and steadfast in your prayer [life], being [both] alert and intent in [your praying]WITH THANKSGIVING. Colossians 4:2


Your praise defeats the enemy. It cancels out worry- Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything. Be earnest and unwearied. When you praise Him you acknowledge who He is. You acknowledge that He is Jehovah Rapha- My Healer. Jehovah Jireh- My Provider. El Elyon- The Most High God. Jehovah Rohi- My Shepard. He is I AM!


Who is God to you? What has He done for you? Just what is it that He has bought you out of?  Hasn't He always been faithful to you? Are you not worth much more than the birds in the air? Has he not given you authority to tread on serpents & scorpions, & over all the power of the enemy, & promised you that nothing will injure you?

When you pray His word to Him whatever God has promised gets stamped with the Yes of Jesus. When you praise Him you are coming in to agreement with who He is. You are saying the great Amen. God's Yes & your Yes together. When you praise Him you're saying God I trust you. God I believe you. God I want you. Glory to Your name God, I bless Your name God because it's already done.

What you tell me to do, I'll do. What you tell me to say, I'll say. What you tell me to give, I'll give. 'Cause I've never seen the righteous forsaken, nor His seed begging bread. 'Cause I know that He does't always give me what I want but He gives me what I need. Cause I know it might not come when I want but it's always on time!

I promise you that if you would just Bless Him. If you would just Praise Him, you'll forget all about what you came to ask Him for. If you would just worship & thank Him for what He's already done He will do exceedingly & abundantly more than you could ever think to ask Him for. Praise Him Saints. Your mouth is your greatest weapon. You have the power to speak life or death so speak. Speak those things the are not as though they were. Give Him your right now praise. Praise Him cause He is the Great I Am!

When Paul & Silas were chained in the jail they didn't pray. They didn't go through the trouble to tell God what He already knew. They worshipped Him! They blessed Him in song. In praise. They didn't worry. They didn't fret. So what's stopping you from praising God?  The chains didn't stop them. It didn't discourage them. It was their praise that caused God to move. Their praise that prompted the earthquake that broke their chains.  They weren't affected by the prison they were in. So what's keeping you chained down & in prison? I dare you to praise Him. Praise God who is bigger, stronger, & greater than your situation. Create an atmosphere for God by your praise. Give Him the highest praise. Give Him your most defensive praise. Give Him all your praise cause He is worthy of it ALL!
   





    

No comments:

Post a Comment