Thoughtful Me!

These are just my thoughts so feel free to get to know what's going on in my head & know me through my thoughts!

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I'm NOT that girl...

Redeemed-To recover ownership of by paying a specified sum. To pay off. To turn in and receive something in exchange.


Isn’t that what God did when He sent His son? When Christ died for our sins? Oh wait let me check…


     "But he was wounded for our transgressions; he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was on him…” Isaiah 53:5


Definitely not just MY sins but ours! If He did it for me, He’ll do it for you!


Redeemed is further defined as-. To set free; rescue or ransom. To save from a state of sinfulness and its consequences. To restore the honor, worth, or reputation.


     For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16


I have done a lot of things in my short 27 years of life that I’m not proud of. If you had approached me a year or two ago about something I’d get ugly right along with you & be like, “Yeah, I did it! Yeah I said it! Now what?” Shoot, sometimes I’d approach you & be like, “I ain’t eat all my lunch, you want those leftovers too?” or, “oh, that was your man? Well you can have him back now cause I’m finished with him!”


I did a lot & I’ve reaped a lot. I created my own mess, I dug my own pit. I rededicated my life back to Christ more times than I care to count, got baptized, worked with the kids, was in the church & still cutting a fool. I had a baby. By the Bishop’s son… yet he saw fit to pull me out.


     He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud, and mire; he set my feet on a rock & gave me a firm place to stand. Psalm 40:2


God recovered ownership of me. He restored me back to my rightful position in His Kingdom so I no longer defend myself. Now, when people (unsaved & saved), bring my past back to me I say, “God has already forgiven me for that!”


Now don't get me wrong,.. Just because I'm saved doesn't make me exempt from the consequences of my actions. We can choose the sin but not the consequence. Like I said, "I've done a lot & I've reaped a lot."


Understanding redemption, believing, & accepting that I am redeemed has been a long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long road. No joke. I hadn't really thought about it or realized how much my past had me bound. I thought I was over it, That I had moved on but my decision making proved otherwise & my Spirit told on me every single time. I went to the altar one day & I didn't even know what the altar call was for but the Spirit was so thick. My Pastor shared some things with me & we prayed in agreement & years of guilt, shame, remorse, you name it. Gone!


Without a shadow of a doubt I know that I have been redeemed & I can now boldly say, “I’m not that girl!” Instead of God saying it to me, with tears of triumph in my eyes, I can say it to Him & to anybody else who needs to know, “I am NOT, that girl!”


     Has the LORD redeemed you? Then speak out! Tell others he has redeemed you from your enemies. Pslams 107:2

1 comment:

  1. Love it tiff! We are both NOT THAT GIRL! I am proud of what that you are able to look to God knowing he can dig you out of the whole, he is our savior! AMEN

    ReplyDelete