Thoughtful Me!

These are just my thoughts so feel free to get to know what's going on in my head & know me through my thoughts!

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Protect Your Jewels...

My bestfriend lives in Kodiak & recently we have been studying a daily topic together on our blog. Today the topic is the role of a man & a woman in a marriage. I have to admit that I have been single since I was three months pregnant with my now almost two year old daughter. I used to think that the single life was the most liberating thing for me. I never felt like I was missing anything. I could come & go as I pleased, didn't have to do all the things I did when I was, "playng house." I thought it was the good life. However after work yesterday I had the opportunity to be around a married couple & although they're not perfect what I realized is what my mother always says, "marriage is a beautiful thing!" Anyway, back to the study-

The Lord took me to study Proverbs 31 10-31. As I was reading I said, " Lord, I've never been married & although I have my own outside opinion can I really speak on this?" I continued reading & as I was reading I asked God, "Lord what is it that you want me to get out of this? So I started writing & after the first scripture I was done so Lehgo...

Proverbs 31: 10 AMP
A capable, intellegent, and virtuous woman- who is he who can find her? She is far more precious than jewels and her value is far above rubies or pearls.

Protect your jewels-

What is your greatest emotion after a break up? Do you feel as if you have been robbed? That your hope in a future with this certain someone has been taken away? What about relationships where you find that too often times you gave x,y,z and all the other person did was take? That all you did was prepare him for someone else? What about that girl who took your man when truthfully he was never yours to begin with anyway. Let's be real, A- you can't keep anyone who don't want to be kept, B- a stray don't belong to NOBODY! and C- your problem/ought isn't with her! 

After a break up one of the hardest things for us to come to grips with is that the evidence was already there. A man once told me that, "women know exactly who they're getting with when they get with them." Sad but true. Sometimes we feel confident that we can change them or that it won't be like that with me... We convince ourselves that, "if I just do this or if I just do that then he won't do this and he won't do that." Honestly, the cocky part of us like to think that we're better than the rest lol Yet this same man that we have given ourselves so freely to is the same man who broke your heart & just when you thought the situation couldn't get any worse then it already is; he does the unthinkable. Tearing to pieces what was left of it.

The Bible clearly tells us in Matthew 7:6- Do not give what is Holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.

Woman of God you are His most precious jewel. Where have you placed your pearls? Be careful of who you give your heart to. Such a man as the one described does not know your value & he cannot know your value unless you know your value & baby you are valuable! Proverbs 4:23 Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.

I belive this applies to men too because there are some raunchy females out there (let's be real), so don't take this as man bashing. We are ALL His precious jewels. Relationships consist of two people. We all play a role & whether we are the victim or the perpretrator we all have to take responsibility for our parts in it's success or failure. 

Align yourself with God, He comes FIRST not second. Seek ye FIRST the Kingdom of God & His righteousnes & all these things shall be added unto you. If you take care of our Father's business He'll take care of ours guaranteed! 

Side note:Think on this: Does the Bible speak about a boyfriend & a girlfriend or a husband & a wife?

1 comment:

  1. B-A stray don't belong to nobody! AMEN! I love it tiff! I definitely haven't "protected the jewels" in the past, but im looking to the future, and im never going to be robbed again! Great Blog my friend, Great Blog!

    ReplyDelete