Thoughtful Me!

These are just my thoughts so feel free to get to know what's going on in my head & know me through my thoughts!

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Who Me...

Yes you! You in the mirror! If you have accepted Christ as your personal Lord & Savior & you believe that Christ died for our sins & on the third day He rose with all power you are saved.


     Strip yourselves of your former nature (put off & discard your old unrenewed self) which characterized your previous maner of life & becomes corrupt through lusts & desires that spring from delusion;& be constantly renewed in the sprit of your mind (having a fresh mantal and spiritual attitude), & put on the new nature (the rengenerate self) created in God's image, (Godlike) in true righteousness & holiness. Ephesians 4:22-24


God is not speaking of your outward man but your inward man. Your Spirit Man. You are still going to look the same on the outside but God deals with the heart of the matter. Then what is on the inside of you will manifest itself on the outside.


     Create in me a clean heart, O God, & renew a right, preserving, and steadfast spirit within me. Pslam 51:10


Since He is a God that does exceedingly & abundantly don't just ask Him for a clean heart, ask him to give you a new heart! You see because if you continue to do the same things from the old heart you will get the same results. So if you find yourself constantly doing repeats, I dare you to ask Him for a new heart!


     But I say, walk and live (habitually) in the (Holy) Spirit (responsive to and contolled and guided by the Spirit); then you will certainly not gratify the cravings & desires of the flesh (of human nature without God). Galatians 5:16


Sometimes we say, "as soon as I get my life together..." No, the scripture is clear- if we walk in the Spirit we will conquer the flesh. Not conquer the flesh to walk in the Spirit. Or, you might think,"who am I Lord that you would use me? I'm not this & I'm not that... I've done this & I've done that..."


      "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things become new. 2 Corinthians 5:17


God is not concerned about all of that. He has already forgiven you for that. He wasn't concerned about Moses who wasn't eloquent, Esther who was an orphan, or Rahab who was a prostitute.


      "Have this attitude in yourselves, which was also in Christ Jesus, who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, & being made in the likeness of men. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbles himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.
Phil 2:5-8.


Even Jesus Himself went as a servant. God uses the least to accomplish the most extraordinary things.


      "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, And before you were born I consecrated you; I have appointed you a prophet to the nations." Jeremiah 1:5


God knew you while you were in your mother's womb. He created you. He knows what you've done, how many times you'd do it, when you'd do it, when you'd do it, where you'd do it.


     "We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God- those he has called according to His plan.  Romans 8:28


Are you the called or the chosen?


     "For many are called, but few are chosen Matthew 22:14


When Christ rose on the third day He rose with ALL POWER & because we are children of God we have that same power. Everyone is called. To be chosen we have to use that God given power to respond to our purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment