Thoughtful Me!

These are just my thoughts so feel free to get to know what's going on in my head & know me through my thoughts!

Sunday, June 8, 2014

God's Got Me Covered

It's so so amazing how you can read the same story in the Bible fifty times and always get something new out of it each time. I was reading the story of Adam and Eve the other day and this particular scripture amazed me and knocked me off of my feet and it reads, "The Lord God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife and clothed them." WOW!
He dealt with the who, what, when, where, how and why and then He COVERED them! He even put a mark on Cain after he killed Abel so that if he were found no would kill him. They did what we so often do and, "lived in the moment." Then they tried to cover it up by sewing together fig leaves and Cain pretending that he didn't know where his brother Abel was. Now as a consequence of that they were sent away. Even after everything they did He didn't allow them to walk in shame. Humiliation. Embarrassment. Condemnation. He COVERED them. 
There are times in life when you may feel like you've done the unforgivable and you're too ashamed to come before God but there is nothing that you have done that He won't pardon. You may have to live with the consequences but you WILL be forgiven and He will COVER you all the days of your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment